[AT] Digging

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sun Mar 14 10:22:41 PST 2004

You guys want to see a LOT of these small units working, visit Japan.
They are the larger units you see over there. My BIL moved over there
and he sent me some pictures of local construction. Lots of steel frame
construction there and 90 percent of the "heavy" equipment is stuff sold
here as "compact". On only a few large jobs do you see anything like the
gear we commonly see here in the U.S. and even then they are the smaller
units. More like a D-8 being a mid size unit here and a D-6 being a
large unit in Japan.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY