[AT] OK boys, I need help!! OT Computer stuff

Phil Auten PGA2 at hot1.net
Thu Mar 11 20:06:57 PST 2004

Carl,
I will heartily recommend Dell. I've been using three different ones at
work with nothing but satisfactory
service. My sister-in-law has one and she loves it. Of those four, two have
Win98SE and two have XP,
one the home version and one XP Pro.
My personal system at home I built myself and it runs Win2K Pro.
I have some issues with XP, mainly related to supporting DOS based programs
(basically, it doesen't).
Win2K Pro doesen't do well with DOS based programs either. Win98SE has the
same memory problems
as all the Win9x systems do.
If you don't need any DOS based programs, go with Win2K Pro or XP. Both
OS'es are stable and work well.
I like Mozilla too. Too many security issues with MS products.

Phil