[AT] OT-seeking info

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Mon Mar 8 04:55:15 PST 2004

>5/8" diameter that carries to the passenger side of the engine, heading to
>the heater. I can see a black rubber liner around the tube, within the
>coupler.  My question is:  does the tube have a flare on the inner end so I
>could tighten down a little on the coupling to stop the leak, or, if not,
>what is the cure.
>
>Thanks in advance to a G.M. person.
Charlie, The heater couplers are snap together deals. Squeeze the plastic
ears and the tube pulls out of the coupler. The coupler has an O ring
inside that seals to the tube. I don't think the O ring is a servicable
item. GM sells the coupler complete and they aren't too expensive.
Tightening won't accomplish anything. They are prone to breaking before
they come out though.

           Doug Tallman                  Join us for the 2004 regional show
           dtallman at accnorwalk.com              in conjunction with
           VGTCOA Ohio Regional Director   Ashland Co Yesteryear Mach club
               Greenwich, OH USA                July 9-11, 2004