[AT] OT-seeking info

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 7 19:28:17 PST 2004

Getting into  modern mechanics (the 90's are pretty modern for me) I run
into developments strange to me.  Hoping a list member can explain the
situation.  The subject is a 1995  K2500 Chev.with 350 c.i.d.  It has a
small coolant leak at the heater connection to the top of the water pump.
No longer a simple hose and clamp, but a coupling of about 1" hex threaded
onto a nipple from the pump.  This retains an aluminum looking tube of about
5/8" diameter that carries to the passenger side of the engine, heading to
the heater. I can see a black rubber liner around the tube, within the
coupler.  My question is:  does the tube have a flare on the inner end so I
could tighten down a little on the coupling to stop the leak, or, if not,
what is the cure.

Thanks in advance to a G.M. person.

Charlie V. in sunny WNY