[AT] OT - Microsoft's Browser is Vulnerable

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Wed Jun 30 20:01:37 PDT 2004

Rob,
  I would bet money on the viruses getting into the system due to an
operator "OOPS" rather than
real attacks. Something like " Gee I only opened this little file, that
a friend sent me as a joke, can you fix it?"

That market share is why they are targeted. IF Mozilla was as user
friendly and as seamless to use,
as well as being included on the machines from the factory, It would be
targeted just as much.
Since it isn't folks decide "Maybe this is the answer" The problem is
that is has just as many holes as IE, BUT they don't get exploited
because of market share.

As to being targeted I have seen Linux, Apple and Unix viri. I even know
of an entire lottery system taken down because of a virus
taking out the network.  Why?  One person thought they needed a desktop
calendar that updated itself off the web. OOPS....

Back to tractors.... IT stuff gives me a headache...

Steve Williams