[AT] OT - Microsoft's Browser is Vulnerable

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Wed Jun 30 17:15:22 PDT 2004

Too bad they are full of S^&%.   EVERY OS/ Browser/ and mail program has
security flaws, The main reason MS gets hit so much is that they own
close to 90 percent of the market and you only make headlines if you hit
the biggest target. If you bother to install the updates and a few other
apps you don't have much to worry about. The BIGGEST problem are the
IDIOTS who don't bother to update or do any other things as prevention,
they get hit and then start to cry about it. Just like 99 percent of the
other "victims" in the world.

I run Windows ME and IE 6 along with OE6 and surf the web a LOT and have
never had ONE problem. I also don't open attachments without scanning
them first. I don't open ANY attachment I'm not expecting and I keep
track of updates. I also shut down a lot of the "Extras" on the programs
because HTML in mail is the stupidest idea ever. Same with half of the
other crap that is in there. BUT people out there think that the fancy
crap helps them, all it really does is make them look like a 10 year old
looking for attention.

Oh and for the Mac users and Linux folks who say "I can't be hit with a
virus because my OS is safe"  WRONG. There are various items out there
that can hit you IF your stupid.

Steve Williams