[AJD] 420 electrical system

Mark Stein muv at comcast.net
Sat Jun 26 09:58:01 PDT 2004

Hello everyone - I need some help. I recently bought a 420T WF for use
on my growing hobby farm. The battery is not charging properly and the
amp gauge reads out at 15 amps only intermittently. The generator has
been re-built and the tractor still has the 6 volt system. The regulator
has a stamp that says 6v POS. The shop manual says the system is
positive ground, but the system is presently negative ground (the neg.
battery post is grounded) . Could the neg. grnd. burn out the generator
and wreak general havoc? Should I re-wire to the original specs? As you
can see I have little experience with tractor repair. Any help you give
me will be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.