[Steam-engine] Wauseon

K.R. Hough krh at mesimpson.com
Tue Jun 22 20:06:29 PDT 2004

Jeff the following email is a message from Beth Vanarsdall, her email was
giving her troubles getting this message to you, so she asked if I could
send it.

Wauseon is always a good time.  My dad and I won't get out there till
Saturday morning.  There will be probably 6-10 people from this list out
there.

---
K.R. Hough
Hi Paul & KR,

Can you get the following to Jeff?  It is rejecting it for me.

Thanks!
Beth

Hi Jeff,

There is a landing strip at Smith's Restaurant/HyMiler Fuel station less
than 1/2 mile from the fairgrounds.  People fly in often.  I am not aware of
any rules for keeping your plane, but I would think it would be okay.

Camping is available.  Just stop into the office under the grandstand for
camping information ($50 for Wednesday thru Sunday for camping trailers).

I'm sure one of us could ferry you if needed.  I'll be running around in my
beige & brown Model A pickup or the 24 Port Huron.....or just have them page
me....everyone else does!

I hope you can make it.  I'll see if I can verify the flying information,
but I'll be up there for the duration starting tomorrow before I leave
tomorrow.

Per my engine list (I've attached for anyone curious), there should be
approximately 50 steam engines.  In additional to the normal sawmill,
threshing, plowing (Mother Nature permitting), Baker Fans, 2 Prony Brakes
(one being original from AD Baker), double incline, weight transfer sled,
etc, we have Larry DuFour's 1/4 scale sawmill from North Carolina, and Butch
Vollmar's 1/2 scale sawmill.  There are lots of vendors and most of all fun!

Beth