[AT] Good tractor Spring

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Tue Jun 22 17:07:50 PDT 2004

I now have 3 of my 5 tractors running.  They are (in order of my
preferance) an Allis D-14, a MF 35 deluxe diesel and a John Deere 2010
Diesel (wheeled tractor).  The D-14 was my Grandpa's and was the tractor
I learned to drive on (literally - my first experience was in the
tobacco field pulling a tobacco sled - I was 7 at the time) and it will
always be my favorite. I love the sound of a well tuned Allis.  The MF35
I've had for about 15 years and this year I had the injector pump
rebilt. This is my favorite mowing tractor (I use a 72" Sitrex rear
discharge grooming mower with it) and I do any other pto work I have to
do with this tractor.  The John Deere I bought about 5 years ago mainly
because it had a loader with it.  The engine has been totally rebilt
(ouch) and I just finished replacing all the hydraulic hoses on the
loader this Spring.  It has a bit of a problem with the pto clutch
sticking but since I do all the pto work with the MF right now it isn't
on the priority list.  Anyway they run and I really enjoy riding around
on them and pretending I'm doing serious work.  Having them going is a
good thing, as I heard somewhere.  Now I just need to finish the rebild
of the Massey Ferguson TO-30 and do some work on my WheelHorse. <sigh>

David Bruce