[Farmall] New Idea grader blade

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Tue Jun 22 03:50:21 PDT 2004

1/4 inch should work. I would suggest that you size the piece so that the
bolt holes are centered on it. That way you can reverse it when it wears
down without affecting anything.

Carl Szabelski

                    <craiger.mon at verizon.net>
                    Sent by:                              To:     <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>
                    farmall-bounces at lists.antique-t       cc:
                    ractor.com                            Subject:     [Farmall] New Idea grader blade

                    06/21/2004 08:42 AM
                    Please respond to Farmall/IHC
                    mailing list

Hi,

I'm working on renovating an old grader blade that fits on the front of a
New-Idea Horn #50 loader. The only thing that I seem to be missing at this
time is the cutting edge that bolts onto the bottom of the blade. If I were
to get a piece of flat hardened steel and drill bolt holes to matcht the
blade, would this work? What size steel should I use...I was thinking 1/4"
thick by 6" tall. Anyone have any answers/suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Craig