[AT] IH cub

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Mon Jun 14 13:57:35 PDT 2004

> Cecil has had a Cub for 2 months now, and suddenly he is an expert.  Actually, what he described is the clutch release "bearing", which is not a typical roller bearing but a carbon-like ring that gets greased (by most Cub owners) once every 10 years or so.

	Mike has a right to pick on me because he has a tractor stuck
in the mud and I don't.  ;-)  And it's not a Cub either, it's a fairly
good sized International.  Maybe some day he will tell the story, won't
you, Mike?  I may have to drive down there to help him get it out before
the story is over.

	Actually, I have two Cubs now, Mike. I've had one for about a
year and a half and the second one since November last year. The thing
about Cubs is they look so damned CUTE you don't look them over close
enough before turning loose of the money. Lots of things can be wrong
with them, I find, and not all are one day repair jobs.

	I am lucky with my two Cubs. As of this morning anyhow, neither
of them have any expensive sounding noises, both start right up without
heavy choking, both run without smoking and everything works. The only
problem with the last one of mine is in the adjustable front end and that
will be cured soon I hope.

	I've spent the last year reading the posts on the Cub Bulletin
Board, especially those from George Willer, Jim Becker, Big Dog and
John Puckett and others. I've tried to learn from reading what they
write and so far it has served me well. I don't know how Don is going
to make out with his but I can tell you, I look for the easy stuff
before tearing anything apart. Don could do well to do the same thing
by reading some of the archives concerning strange noises in the Cub.

Cecil

what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson