[Farmall] Painted serial number plate

The Turtle turtle at fred.net
Sun Jun 13 11:35:53 PDT 2004

Bus Driver wrote:
> There will be better ways to do the paint removal, I am sure, and hopefully
> they will be posted soon. Being careful to keep it off any other part of the
> tractor, use brake fluid on the serial plate. Mask around the plate first,
> maybe tape, maybe vaseline, but keep the brake fluid off the other paint.

Warning:  do NOT use anything containing lye or acid.  That plate is
probably aluminum and will dissolve in anything acid or caustic, and you
will have nothin' underneath.  Brake fluid is a pretty good place to start,
dabbing a paper towel soaked in it onto the plate, and as above, don't let
the fluid get on anything you care about.

Turtle