[Farmall] 450 HYDRA-TOUCH

Roymh350 at aol.com Roymh350 at aol.com
Sat Jun 12 05:28:28 PDT 2004

The seal in pump is pushed out against the gear everytime it is replaced,
stays in place less than 5 minutes after replaceing and starting engine. I have
removed the safety valve and disassembed, found no worn parts or obstructions.
Manual says to check check free length ofsafety valve spring and valve spring
and replace if they do not meet specifcations. Can anyone tell me what these
free spcifications are? Any ideas on where to go to next?
I have had the tractor for a year and still can't get fixed. Previous owner
said he had replaced the pump and seal but kept pushing out. I have tried
another pump with same results. Can not find anything wrong, system show no sign of
having had water in it or contaminated oil. Can someone tell me how the power
steering should be hooked? This is the only one of the number series that I
have with power steering. When removing the fuel tank I noticed that it had a
line hooked to one of the couplings under the tank that just made a loop from a
"T" like maybe at one time it had a front end loader on it. I removed and
plugged the connector.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Roy Helton