[AT] Cubfest 2004 countdown

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sat Jun 12 05:40:41 PDT 2004

YIKES!!! only 5 days (not counting today) until CUBFEST 2004...
I'm really looking forward to seeing old and meeting new
friends but sure wish I was making better progress on some
of my many clean up projects. Many of us need something like
this now and then to prod us into doing clean up that we
should do anyway. I did a project with a friend a couple of
years ago where we took down 3 barns on a farm that was
being cleared for development. Most of what he wanted was
siding from the barns and I took all of the iron and steel
and some "stuff". This was the last active member of an old
family Ford dealership and there was "a lot" of stuff left
from the quick estate auction they had held when he died. I
hauled home 36,000 pounds (actually) of "stuff" and much of
it was still sitting around on pallets and piles. I had a
couple of health problems after that and have just this
spring made a serious dent in getting it gone. I am a long
way from done. Add that to the stuff that follows me home
from auctions and you can understand why this is called "The
Magnetic Center Of The Known Universe". I used to think this
was all my junk but then I discovered one night that the
place is infested with "pack elves". I called an
exterminator but he said he had no idea of what to spray
them with even to discourage them. I was a shoe cobbler for
20 years in a previous life and since the pack elves are
relatives of the cobbler elves I can only assume they found
me through them.
I am ashamed to say this out loud so I will whisper it, "I'm
going to a consignment auction at the local tractor show
this morning"... There is no hope...  :-)
*
Diana says to tell everybody that will be eating here at a
pitch-in or camping to bring lawn chairs and table service.
More to follow.
--

"farmer"

My latest list "No Nonsense Horse" (includes donkeys & mules).