[AT] Reagan Remembered (by Patti Davis) Off topic but greatreading

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Jun 10 16:57:47 PDT 2004

Actually I can read it because my Mother taught me to read and write.
Real education begins in the home, not in the glorified
daycare centers we have now.  I do agree Teachers have a hard job today,
with parents shirking their duties and then complaining about what
happens in the schools because of their lack of involvement. However on
the other side you have the Teachers who believe they have the right to
teach only their beliefs and philosophies regardless of what they are
supposed to teach. These are the ones who feel justified when they
confiscate a childs cards that were given to her in church but allow
others to be given out. Or suspend another student because they had the
gall to want to pray. Or their students are tested and come up short and
they claim it is entirely because they just don't have enough money to
buy the latest things. These are the things that make me dislike some
teachers.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY