[AT] Re: Cummins Industrial Tools?

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Thu Jun 10 04:32:52 PDT 2004

>> I think I paid about $60.00 for it a Wal Mart on Clearance, it was an open box item and missing a couple of things.
>
> After I sent the attached message, I checked my paper mail, and there was a flyer from Harbor Freight with the same winch advertised for $39.95. That might be almost worth it, since I wouldn't have to pay for S&H nor NJ 6% sales tax. The only problem would be that, by the time the winch arrives from HB, the ground will have dried out and I can drive the tractor from the marsh without any help.

	Mike, I have owned that small winch for over 20 years. Mine is
the X-1 or something similar. I bought it back in the early 1980s to use
to load my motorcycle into the back of my pickup. It has all it wants to
pull a 500cc Honda bike up a ramp into the truck.

	If you really want to have something that will pull, get one of
those chain saw winches and 250 feet or so of surplus steel cable. Used
with pulleys and snatchblocks this rig will pull almost anything. You
would need a lot of steel cable because you cut the length in half every
time you run it back thru a pulley.

	Getting a stuck tractor out when it is so stuck the "wheels spin
without doing anything" will almost always require the help of someone
who can help you. Good luck.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson