[AT] On losing farm land

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Jun 9 12:49:48 PDT 2004

> I put a new veggie garden in thie year. I put it in an area that was

theoritically clear of stones but my 15' X 25' garden yielded a pile of

stones 15' long by 3' high and maybe 4' deep.  A few were too large for

me to extract with the plow or my large steel pry bars.... They say I

live at the endpoint of the last ice age, so all of the stone was dumped

off in this region.

> Rob Gray
> NE PA

	If you find any that look like they came from here, you don't
have to ask if we want them back. You can have them.  ;-)

	I'm hoping to have a look at Galway Bay and see what Larry is
talking about this fall. We have reservations and hope to go. Flying
in to Dublin and coming back out of Shannon which is just south of
Galway. I doubt their rocks are much worse than we have on some of our
property though, Larry. We have lots of places it would be hard to get
a steel fence post in the ground. One thing about rocks, the old timers
used to say it takes rocks to grow nice potatoes. No wonder the Irish
depend on potatoes - they don't have any choice.

Cecil

what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson