[AT] On losing farm land

Rob Gray Robgray at epix.net
Wed Jun 9 11:52:40 PDT 2004

I put a new veggie garden in thie year. I put it in an area that was
theoritically clear of stones but my 15' X 25' garden yielded a pile of
stones 15' long by 3' high and maybe 4' deep.  A few were too large for
me to extract with the plow or my large steel pry bars.... They say I
live at the endpoint of the last ice age, so all of the stone was dumped
off in this region.

Rob Gray
NE PA