[AT] Tragic Tractor/Mower accident - Douglas, KS

Easley, Greg EasleyG at health.missouri.edu
Tue Jun 8 13:07:02 PDT 2004

I couldn't count the miles that I rode a fender with
Dad when I was a kid.  I'm not saying that it's right
or wrong or anything else, but I knew how finish a
dead furrow before I was tall enough to reach the pedals
on a 8N Ford.  Riding along was part of the learning
process and most folks didn't give it a second thought.

That said, there's no way in hell he would let ANYONE
ride when he was running the bush hog.

Greg
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/woods/1416

<snip>
         or Is it that some parents are just flat
STUPID these days. I suppose all of the above are
stupid but hind sight is always 20-20 and it seems
very few people think of what could happen. With all
the seminars offered, What more can possibly be done
to give people common sense when it comes to the
dangers of equipment?
<end snip>