[AT] Tragic Tractor/Mower accident - Douglas, KS

Danny Tabor dannytabor2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 14:07:20 PDT 2004

So that is probably what it is. Lack of common sense
and discipline. I haven't read the --WARNING-- page of
a new tractors owners manual but I'm almost certain I
started operating tractors at a way early age compared
to todays standards. Of course I started raking hay
and moved up from there.
     It just seems strange to me, in almost every farm
magazine I get. There is an article on farm safety or
a course offered for the same. Yet still I hear of
more and more accidents. I suppose the question is
with the number of accidents that happen on equipment
to children, especially. How many are actually farm
accidents. Whether its accidents that happen to a full
time farm family or weekend "Rambo's", for a lack of a
better description.
Danny