[Spam] Re: [AT] The noise; the noise; the noise,noise, noise!

tomehrkam at houston.rr.com tomehrkam at houston.rr.com
Mon Jun 7 15:08:54 PDT 2004

In my younger days. My father had three rent houses. The houses were all in
a row on either side of your home. We rented to a couple who had a small
baby. We started getting complaints about us slamming the screen door too
loud when we went out to the back yard.

I was going to the university at the time and I paid for school by
repairing TVs and Stereos. I would sometimes need to turn the sound on to
diagnose a problem. This was in the middle of the day mind you. I could
always expact a call with a complaint. After a while we did not care if we
disturbed her.

The final straw was one day I had purchased a 1969 Mercury Montery. I was
installing a 8 track deck and hooking up the speakers. I had the deck
turned down low so I could tell if the speakers worked. The neighbor put a
vaccume in the bedroom window and turned up her TV loud enough that I was
unable to hear my sterio. I went into the house and moved my 300 Watt per
channel sterio against her house. My sister also had a monster sterio. I
moved it also. Turned up the volume as high as the speakers would handle. I
then went into the garage and turned on about 15 TVs and steros. We had two
Yamaha trail bikes and they were both fired up and revved up the the red
line. Then I fired up the air compresser and got out the impact hammer and
started hammering on a piece of plate.

I fired up the farmhall H. "Straight exaust" and set the throttle to full.

In a few minutes she turned off her vacuum and TV. "Just when I was
dragging out the angle grinder".

I shutdown everything about 20 minutes after that. That afternoon her
husband came over and said they had to move. They had a years lease so we
said that if they left the house in good shape we would only hold 1/2 of
thier deposit and let them out of the lease.

They moved into an "APPARTMENT" to get some piece and quite. Tha apartment
complex they selected was full of young single people. :-}

I could just see her trying to keep all the neighbors quiet in that
apartment complex. They partied all night long.

Stupid is as stupid does.

http://mail2web.com/ .