[Farmall] Our Farmall B is alive again

Terry & Carolyn Welshans welshans2 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 6 19:53:17 PDT 2004

After about 6 months in the shop, we finally got enough parts stacked up on
the old tractor wheels to get the engine started.  The engine was overheated
and seized, and the engine was stuck solid for many years before we got this
little guy.  Had to buy a new block as the original one was cracked.  I
bought a replacement head, cam, cam gear, carburetor and a rocker arm
assembly, as all of those parts were rusted to death.  Also had to replace
the oil seal plate and the pan sealing plates as well.

And today, after six weekend of hard work, this Frankentractor is alive and
running.  Click this link to see the pictures:

http://www.terrystoy.com/Farmall-B/Farmall_B_page1.htm

Terry Welshans
Homer Glen, Illinois

"Always do right- this will gratify some and astonish the rest. "
Mark Twain (1835-1910)

www.midwestoilburners.org
www.fokisd.org
www.terrystoy.com