[AT] Misc

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Wed Jul 21 15:18:58 PDT 2004

On 7/21/2004 at 5:31 PM Charlie hill wrote:

>What's good for the goose is good for the gander my friend.  I never
>started
>any of these discussions.  But apparently they are ok as long as they
speak
>positively of folks like Edwards with a (D) behind their name.
>
>...snip It was just a reminder to you that rules are rules regardless
>of your point of view.   That's all.

First, I DO follow my own rules.  Your remark implying I don't follow rules
is a thinly veiled lash-back rooted in sensitivity resulting from getting
called to the carpet when you and Don _insulted_(it was not a "joke" by
anyone's definition) John Nash, by implying that he "doesn't think" .
Granted, at the time I even said it was a small slight.   It was indeed an
insult though and not a joke.

Second, let me make this clear because EVERYONE has guessed wrong:  No I DO
NOT support Edwards run VP because I think he lack experience and is a
little too ambitious for my taste.  NOT because he is a "shyster" or some
other half-cocked insult that would require intimate knowledge of him and
his character that I don't have.

Third, am I the only one that sees a difference between:

=================
 NORTH CAROLINA NEWS:

"John Edwards in in the race:  We are big time now!   Now we'll have a
Christmas tree AND maybe a vice-president that shows up in the White
House(most years recently North Carolina provides the White House Christmas
Tree - a Frasier fir from the mountains).
=================

and

=================
Insulting John Nash and calling someone you don't know a "shyster".
=================

????

The first is clearly a simple statement; mainly about Christmas trees. The
last contains two insults.  This is why I detest political discussions.  I
can't even mention the name of a politician without his opponents rising up
like hill of dirt against me, ready to use any vindicative at their
disposal.  I mentioned his name in the context of:

1 - Bragging about out Christmas trees in the White house.  HONEST why else
would I mention Christmas trees????
2 - Brag that a North Carolina was in the news a lot lately
3 - Bring to light an interesting story about lion fish

Trust me, I regret posting this whole "NC in the News thing" (or did
everyone conveniently forget that heading 1/3 of the way into the message?)
and the backlash is why I barely participate anymore.   During the last few
years there has always been about 30% of the people on this list bent on
twisting other's words into missives that serves their own ends.  This
exact reason has been the stated reason of many great ex-members as to why
they left the ATIS mailing list.

I want to take a vote:  Everyone that thinks my post was really something
designed to unleash liberal theology on the world,. say so now,.   I am
ready to shut ATIS down over this foolishness.  I spend coultess hundred of
hours and thousands of dollars a year on this and I;'ll be damned if
mean-spirited and petty remarks like the ones I have seen today are going
to take it over.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!