[AT] Misc

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Wed Jul 21 10:46:37 PDT 2004

>> John Edwards in in the race:  We are big time now!   Now we'll have a
>> Christmas tree AND maybe a vice-president that shows up in the White
>> House
>
>Careful Spencer you called me a zealot for not much more than that.
>
>Charlie

I was going to reply to Charlie directly, but I think the distinction found
between my post and Charlie/Dons of a few weeks ago illustrates past what
is accept ion this list and what is not,.   Sorry Charlie and Don to use
your thread as an example.  I swear I am not picking on you.

A:  I didn't call you a zealot.  I simply said political discussion will
bring the zealots out and that's why I banned the discussions.
B:  Yes it was "much more than that":  You and Don insulted another list
member.  All I did was repeat the news saying a North Carolinian was in the
election.  I didn't even mention his political orientation, say whether or
not I liked him, categorized or labeled him or anyone else in any way.  I
didn't mentioned whether I supported him or even cared about his views.
This was strictly a news note and since I had the lionfish story and the
technology story, I knew I couldn't ignore the pink elephant in the room -
I had to mention Senator Edwards as a NEWS note

Yes indeed my post was VASTLY different than Don's or yours

Spencer