[AT] Case La 1940 with 3/71 supercharged GMC engine.

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Mon Jul 19 15:05:20 PDT 2004

My friend who drives my tractor in the pulls  took me out to see a neat
tractor today. Its a 1940 Case, LA who someone has  very nicely tucked a GMC 3/71
in where the old 4 cylinder was. It was a very  nice job looks as though it
always belonged there. I can't figure out why he  completely removed the brakes
though, I for one would want them. All that is  left is the foot operated
emergency brake. One other neat trick was to put the  throttle though the double
fuel tank and out to the governor on top of the  engine. Now that takes some
ingenuity.  One thing that this has now is the  advantage of 2800 RPM of the 2
cycle GMC engine that about 2 1/2 times as much  as the old 1100 RPM engine. We
are thinking tractor pulls and what will happen  with all that power and RPMs.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow  Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460