[Steam-engine] Boilers / Repairs / School

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 13:37:13 PDT 2004

--- Dan Donaldson <ddonaldson at tampatank.com> wrote:
>     I have been planning to attend one or more of
> the steam schools around
> the country but I have not decided which one yet. I
> will have to wait until
> next years dates are announced and see which one
> will fit my schedule the
> best. I've seen the schedule for the 2004 Pawnee
> Steam School and it look
> very comprehensive. Of the different schools can
> anyone on the mailing
> commend ahead of others like Andy has? Dean Meissner
> mentioned a new school
> the first weekend of Oct. in WI. That would work
> well for me but I already
> planned a vacation to Vermont with my wife that
> weekend. She may not be very
> receptive to changing our plans to go to steam
> school.
>
> Dan

Keep in mind that different schools focus on different
aspects of the hobby.  The Pawnee school taught us
alot about boiler contstuction and related appliances
in the classroom but we didn't talk a lot about
opertating and engine.  I am in the market for a steam
school that focuses on the different aspects of
steaming and operating now.

=====
Andy Glines
Evansville, IN