[Steam-engine] Engine Hauling / Shows

Jeff Smith steamenginesmitty at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 11:30:50 PDT 2004

Just a little something for fun.......

Beth has her own semi, I was just wondering what each
one of you would consider your "ideal" way of moving
your engine to the shows?  Would you want your own
truck so you could go where ever you wanted to go?
One friend of mine had his own truck and he would go
to different shows in the mid-west from here in
Florida.  I think that would be fun but I don't have
that kind of time, so I would love to have something
that was more time efficent.  I think mine would be
this and a 1/2 scale engine:

http://caravan.cessna.com/freight.chtml#

(Click on the larger view at the bottom and see the
cargo area)  Then rent a big van or uhaul when I got
there to pull the engine to the show.  Or make
arrangements with an RV rental company to be there
with a motorhome and trailer to pick me up.

I think that would be a pretty fun way to get to the
shows.  I could almost drive the engine to Waseon from
next door.

Just having a little fun,

Jeff Smith