[AT] desulphating battery chargers

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sat Jul 17 16:09:45 PDT 2004

> Cecil, I have 4 carts, I redo the batteries by dumping out the acid (by now
> very low) I flush with water and refill with new acid, now these batteries
> were several years old when I got them, and out of 38 batteries I have 18
> redone and they hold a good charge, two would not and I'm working on the
> rest. Most people just keep adding water, that just thins out the mix, works
> for me
> Jerry NW Ohio

	That is interesting, Jerry. Do you just dump the acid on some sort
of schedule or do you only dump those that start to get weak?  Or, if I read
your note correctly, you dump it when the fluid gets down close to the plates
without regard for how good or bad it is.

	I've had one EZGo now for about 5 years and the batteries just went
down last fall. I refilled with distilled water but there is a definite lack
of performance in one or more of the 6. These batteries sound like a good
candidate for your method.

	One more question, where do you get your acid?  And do you put in
straight acid?

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson