[Steam-engine] Wisconsin Historical Steam Engine Association

DTMeissner at aol.com DTMeissner at aol.com
Fri Jul 16 19:20:22 PDT 2004

To all members of the Atis list,
      My name is Dean Meissner and this my first attempt in writing to the
list. We, being a group of steam engine owners and enthusiasts in Wisconsin,
have formed an association called the Wisconsin Historical Steam Engine
Association.
      The purpose of organization is twofold with first part being to form a
good working relationship with our boiler inspection division and be able to
participate in the process of updating the current inspection procedures.
Secondly, our group has decided to organize a steam school. Our steam school is not
intended to qualify someone to be an engineer, but more to give people
interested, a general overview of steam engines. Our intent is to teach any
beginners a basic knowledge of steam engines and to give experienced engineers a
refresher course.
     At this time our group holds three meetings a year, traveling to
different locations around the state. Our meetings are in March, May and October.
     This year will be the first year for our steam school and it will be
held October 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the Rock River Thresheree showgrounds in
Janesville, Wisconsin. We will have several full size and scale model engines steamed
up for the school. We will be covering general boiler construction, piping,
engine components, general operation and several other related topics. Right
now our committee is in the final stages of writing a textbook and formulating
the discussions. Primitive camping will be available along with several closeby
motels.
     If any one is interested in joining our organization or attending our
steam school, please contact our groups secretary.
                                                Jeff Bloemers
                                                W4597 County Hwy F
                                                Waldo, WI 53093
                                                1-920-564-6292
     Anyone is welcome to join our group or attend the steam school, not just
Wisconsinites.

                       Hope to hear from anyone who might be interested,
thank you.
                                                     Dean Meissner
                                                     Dtmeissner at aol.com