[AT] SEMI OT: Friend Needs Kabota help

Len Rugen lrugen at c-magic.com
Wed Jul 14 12:30:49 PDT 2004

I always wondered about those, I figured that they would just move the clog
to the back of the radiator....

> It seems to me that you used to be able to buy "pusher" fans for
> tractors - instead of pulling air through the radiator (and grille), the
> blades were angled the other way so they pushed air back, reducing the
> amount of chaff that blocked the air flow through the radiator.

If they are running the PTO at higher RPM, they are probably using more
power to beat the air into submission.  If they are running a 540 cutter at
1000, that is bad, dangerous and unhealthy for all concerned.

It sounds like an old radiator that is clogged, either inside or out and a
PTO that needs to be fixed.

---