[AT] Re: Using tractor driven tillers

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Jul 14 03:41:45 PDT 2004

> Cecil I don't think simply operating in a float on the hydraulics will
> protect your tiller. Because any time the tiller hits something solid the
> tine must lift the full weight of the tiller. The three point on my tractors
> does not exert any down pressure other than the implement weight, hence the
> tiller is in a float mode. These units are heavy.

	I agree they are heavy, H.L., and will be watching it carefully
until I see how it goes. My D-12 also has a depth adjustment lever to keep
heavy equipment from going too deep so I can use that instead of the float
position. Every time I get something new to me it is a learning experience.
I have a heavy duty PTO on the 420 crawler if things get too far out of
hand. grins.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson