[AT] Deere Model 350 Questions

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Mon Jul 12 22:32:25 PDT 2004

In a message dated 7/11/04 11:37:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Robgray at epix.net writes:

> if anyone owns a model 350, any comments on these
> machines in terms of cost to maintain, reliability, etc. would be
> greatly appreciated.

I have owned a JD 350 for 20 plus years and a 450 for 15 years.  I don't
entirely agree
with the skid steer comments.  I have had to rescue and or finish many jobs
that were started with a skid steer.  Most skid steers are worthless in the mud
unless you put tracks on them - big bucks.  They are extremely versatile and
my next equipment purchase will be
a skid steer.  I also have a 580 K Case backhoe and except for not being able
to get into tight places is very handy.

If you plan to move a lot of dirt, rocks or stumps I would agree with the
recommendation
you were given.  It you have a lot of "small" operations then the skid steer
is the machine of choice.

If you decide on a 350 or 450 get someone who has crawler experience to check
out the machine.  Both machines have some weak points that need to be
checked.  Fell free to call or email me with questions.  I am slow on email this time
of year.

Gary,
Renton, WA.
253 631 8199