[AT] Old torque specs

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Jul 9 20:41:49 PDT 2004

FWIW- I'm cleaning out stuff I brought home from the office when I
retired three years ago.  They're being sorted into three heaps: Keep,
Throw, and Garage sale.

Among the items I ran across is a 1964 publication from Sturtevant that
was bundled with the first torque wrench I bought back around that time.
It has the torque specs for the major items on engines of that day.  It
starts off with Alfa Romeo, Arnolt-Bristol, Austin... and ends with
Universal Norseman Marine, Waukesha, and White Motors.  It covers all
the automotive engines, farm tractor engines, and marine engines of the
day.

This item is definitely NOT FOR SALE, but is going into the Keep Heap,
and I thought you all might be interested in knowing that it's around.
It also contains a special section on spark plugs with torque specs
based on thread size in both cast iron and aluminum.  Brands include:
AC, Almquist, Auburn, BG Corp., Blue Crown, Bowes, Champion, Defiance,
Auto-Lite, Globe-Union, Hastings, Lodge, Mallory, Reflex, and Stitt.  It
also has a page on oil filter torque and wheel bearing torque including
correct techniques for different brands of wheel bearings.

I'll be glad to look up any items you all may need.  Because of my own
interests, the first things I looked up were for Wisconsin and Kohler.
All the old Wisconsin engines are listed, but nothing larger than a
K-241 is listed for Kohler.  Not a single aluminum engine is listed for
Briggs & Stratton, and some of the letter series John Deere's are also
not listed (no L or LA).

Larry