[AT] Cubs

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Sun Jul 4 10:22:55 PDT 2004

Some people think of the Cub as a 3/4 scale A, but it actually was
designed from the ground up as a different tractor. Ken Updike's
"Farmall Cub & Cub Cadet" book has the story. The engine, of course is
entirely different (and is the only flathead engine without sleeves that
IH ever built, as far as I know), but everything else reflected IH
engineering of the period. And, as most first time Cub owners quickly
discover, it has a unique PTO like nothing else on the planet.

Mike

David Myers wrote:

> George and all other Cubbers, help!
> Working on our Farmall A yesterday and got to thinking
> (yeah, and it hurts too!) is an A a grown up Cub or is
> a Cub just a scale model of a real tractor (the A)?
> Inquiring minds need to know.
>
> =====
> Dave Myers
> Paw Paw, Michigan
>
> In the heart of  Michigan's wine country.

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
Email: (msloane at att.net)
Website: <http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Tractor images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>
Work: none - retired

The history of liberty is a history of the limitation of government
power, not the increase of it. -Woodrow Wilson, 28th president of the
U.S., Nobel peace prize winner (1856-1924)