[AT] Allis Chalmers D15 Series II spring

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Jul 4 09:59:40 PDT 2004

Cecil,  I agree with what you are saying but I can't for the life of me see
that the spring actually does anything.  (I haven't removed the side covers
to see if there is still one on my D-14.)  The throttle lever has a friction
fit in the sector.  The rod that the spring is attached to goes to another
bell crank at the governor but once the throttle lever is set there is no
backward and forward motion of the rod  for the spring to dampen.  It's a
mystery to me.

Charlie