[AT] Allis Chalmers D15 Series II spring

Gilbert Schwartz gschwartz1 at mchsi.com
Sun Jul 4 10:00:08 PDT 2004

Cecil; You got it. Charlie, I've been following this thread  for a couple of
days trying mainly to see if this "spring" was the one I was thinking it
was. At this point I feel it is. Cecil, as I see it that spring is simply to
dampen a harmonic vibration that develops on the governor rod at certain
RPM's and loads. If the RPM's and load persists over an extended period of
time the governor rod may/will vibrate enough to enlarge the the end holes
and this will affect the governor operation as I'm sure you both are aware
of. The spring isn't really tight when it's in it's proper position but it
will stop any vibration and still not affect the governor operation.
Of course all of this is a mute point if you all are talking about something
like a drawbar shock spring. (g's)
That's just my thought's on it.
Gil