Ford 2N won't start (was Re: [Ford-ferguson] (no subject)

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Sat Jul 3 10:29:54 PDT 2004

Well, it wasn't any of the things folks suggested. It turned out to be
the terminal at the starter. But I found it by checking the voltage down
the line as Chris Britton suggested. I filed the terminal on the cable
until it was bright, hooked everything back up, and the engine spun over
properly. (not real fast, but then again, I have nothing to compare it to)

Unfortunately, it still won't fire up, but I am not surprised - it
doesn't have much compression, and the points are probably "dirty". I
managed to flood it trying to start, so I know that it is getting fuel.
I had forgotten that this tractor doesn't like much choke.

But I will probably tow the tractor down to my barn where I can work on
it in proper light (and without three curious llamas hanging over my
shoulder) and maybe pull the distributor and clean the points.

Mike