[AT] Cubfest - Farmer's RTU

Kyle Sands willys_46 at mail.com
Thu Jul 1 17:45:21 PDT 2004

> Kyle,
> You change your own oil I quit  that a long tome ago when i found that it was
> cheaper to let someone else do it  and I didn't have to worry about disposing
> of the old oil.

Yeah, I still do, cumbersome as it may be at times.  My point was that if it wasn't for that Jeep project, I probably never would have learned how to work on anything mechanical.  I'm mechanically literate now, as a result.  Had to replace a radiator in my '88 Buick Century a month ago.  Took 90 minutes and that included cleaning the used radiator I picked up at a salvage yard for $25.  Woulda cost me a pretty penny to have a shop do it all.  Many other jobs are best left up to professionals, but I'm just saying I am able to hold my own with some jobs and it's a great feeling.  Regards,

Kyle Sands <>< Huntley, MN