[AT] Cubfest - Farmer's RTU

Edward Tabor edward.tabor at zoominternet.net
Thu Jul 1 19:11:23 PDT 2004

Kyle,
    My daddy had a service station, (remember those?) three bays, one
alignment rack, one general services and one for longer term projects.
 There were two gas islands with three pumps each, regular, unleaded and
hi-test.  I remember this well.  I learned to do my mechanicing here.  I
tuned up my first car here, a '66 Chevy II, it was a customers car, but
daddy watched me like a hawk.  Then, he let me do some of my own service
work.  I'm only 35,  and he sold the station in 1980, so I was fairly
young at the time.

Ed