[AT] 560 steering ?

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Thu Jul 1 03:43:36 PDT 2004

I don't think you will have much luck finding parts for a 560 without
power steering - my impression (could be wrong) is that they were all
built with power steering. As far as finding replacement used parts from
salvage yards, I have to think that you haven't found the right yards -
there were a LOT of 460s and 560s built. Have you tried Bates
<www.batescorp.com> or Biewer's <http://www.salvagetractors.com/> or
some of the several yards advertised in Red Power Magazine?

Mike

Irma wrote:

>  I have a Farmall 560 that I could be using now, if only I could steer it.
> Steering locked up while raking hay yesterday. This is the second time
> fixing this, last time was  about 55 hours back.
>
> Then the IH dealer could`nt get parts, they were N/A.
>
> This tractor uses a recirculating ball guide that runs on a worm shaft.
> That is where the problem is again. Only now I can not find anything at the
> yards. But what I would really like  to find is a front chunk manual
> steering. If any of yall know anywhere i could find this.  Or how about
> going back to the wide front, and rigging up a rack & pinion setup ???
>

> Any info on this will be appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Kevin
>
> Mosier

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
Email: (msloane at att.net)
Website: <http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Tractor images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>
Work: none - retired

The history of liberty is a history of the limitation of government
power, not the increase of it. -Woodrow Wilson, 28th president of the
U.S., Nobel peace prize winner (1856-1924)