[AJD] 35 D

Steve Treimer steelerhawk at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 06:25:18 PDT 2004

Gary,
I hate to say that I've never heard of anyone using straight 40 & 50
weight oils.  I can't find anyone to provide a better alternative than
using a quality 15w40 oil given that how many millions of miles are run
on this weight oil by our oil the road truck drivers every day.  The
15w40 is probably only good down to 20 degrees or so (need my handy
chart here), but like you said, it's probably just a 3 season tractor
anyway.  The only use I have for straight 30 weight oil is in my push
lawn mower that only runs in hot weather and would have a little more
blowby with a lighter oil.  In my 420 lawn mower, I run 15w40, change
it and I'm impressed with how well it works for all my needs.
Steve Treimer
Iowa City