[AT] 2004 Show Guide - CUB Fest 2004

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Feb 27 09:04:45 PST 2004

 As a matter of fact,
>the only show I know of that is not listed
>is Cubfest 2004 but that
>may have been a personal preference.

	CUB Fest 2004 is a bit unique I guess. I don't really
look at it as a show as such. While it is pretty open
I tend to look at it as more of a wide gathering of
friends in the CUB groups and ATIS etc. The primary
requirement is to enjoy Farmall CUB's. I consider us
all friends on the ATIS list and the CUB boards. If
someone from the general public drives in they are
welcome but I have not nor will not make any effort to
openly invite the general public at large especially
the local public. If it appears in the local paper it
will be after the fest is over. Part of that thought
process is simply because this is our home not a show
grounds. Guest will be roaming around our farm and in
and out of my shop.
	The great first annual CUB fest held at George
Willer's place was a fairly intimate group. If George
had any problems he didn't mention them. It was a
really great time for all of us that attended. I have
a feeling that this one will involve a LOT more folks.
I hope we do have a good turn-out and hope to meet a
lot of list and board folks face to face that have
only been names. I also look forward with great
anticipation to visiting once again with existing good
friends especially at night around the "Dotson
Inferno".   :-)
	Having no true feel for how many folks will actually
come I can not honestly say that I don't have any
apprehensions. It isn't that we don't have the room, I
just don't want to be unprepared to the point that
they are disappointed.
	I hope we get lots of CUB's and I am also inviting a
few local CUB owners. You don't have to own a CUB to
come, just enjoy CUB's. As it was at George's last
year showing will be restricted to CUB's except for a
few exceptions. I hope Larry Goss can come and bring
his Power King. I hope Scott Pike can bring his Allis
G (only 2,000 feet away).  I am still open to an L
series John Deere and a Ferguson or Massey Harris
Pony. What others am I missing? I just thought a
showing and talking about CUB's would be more
interesting if we could make a side by side comparison
with others of the same size and vintage that did the
same jobs.
	Date note: George, I noticed that you listed the date
as June 16th to 20th. I said HUH??? and looked at my
notes which said June 18 - 19 - 20... which is what I
have been planning for. Of course good friends are
welcome "ANYTIME". I hope some will come early and
visit more. I also know I will need some last minute
help especially with semi-scheduled activities. Maybe
a few can bring a CUB needing a repair and the parts
to fix it.
	Electrical use for campers will be much like the
policy at Portland which is asking please no air
conditioners. try to just use it for lights a fan and
refrigerators since this will mostly be temporary
feeds and too small to handle large loads. Again I
have no real feel of how much power we will need. I
would hate for the meter to catch fire in the middle
of things.   :-)
	If anyone has any real influence we probably won't
need for it to rain that weekend.
	I'm always open to questions and suggestions.

"farmer"

My most recent list
mailto:budget_muzzleloading-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

Francis Robinson