[AT] Scrapple & Head Cheese

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Feb 25 04:39:14 PST 2004

>     This experience and watching my alcoholic BIL gumming fried
> chicken at dinner was such a bad experience that now I cannot
> eat chicken in any form, but I still like eggs.

	We are leaving for Beiler's auction in an hour or so but when
I read this email of Gene's, it brought back another memory that cracks
me up. I just have to comment on this.

	I really liked my father a lot. Liking has nothing to do with
love, it is just sort of an add-on.  In all the years I knew him, I
only ever had one criticism of him. Just one. But it was a biggie.
Like all families, I am sure, we all had our place at the table for
meals. Always. You had your spot and that was it. No grabbing anyone
else's place - you took your own. As the oldest in the family, I sat
right next to my father. He sat at the end of the table and I sat on
his right. Since there were 8 of us all together, the table was full.
The only problem was, my father was a "cruncher" and made a lot of
noise when he ate. Smacked his lips and crunched his food. It drove
me nuts. The more I heard it, the more it bothered me. I tried
everything I could think of to disregard it but the more I tried, the
more it bothered. I finally found a mental way to shut off the sound
but was never able to get away from it. My father was not one you
could ever criticize so saying anything at all was out of the question.
I just put up with it but to this day, I cannot stand to be next to
noisy eaters. ha ha ha ha   Oh well, at least he wasn't a "gummer"....
;-)

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson