[AT] Scrapple & Head Cheese

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Feb 24 20:27:45 PST 2004

Cecil, great story on the chickens and hog butchering. I guess its a part of
most farm kids education to help out with those jobs. My earliest
recollections of it was the amazement of just how lively a headless chicken
could be.
After I got a little older I graduated to the job of holding the chicken
while my Dad chopped off the head. Amazing how strong some of those roosters
were and how they struggled after their head was cut off. That part and the
plucking of feathers never bothered me. But if I had to get involved in the
gutting I don't think I could ever eat chicken for a long while after that.
My preference now is the Colonel's fried chicken.

Ralph in Sask.
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/lgoff/latestpage.html