[AT] O.T. Silly #$%& truck

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue Feb 24 19:25:22 PST 2004

	I had checked before about springs bottoming and the
travel looks normal when running.
	I have no idea about the cam except as above.
	The head was a complete new head, not a rebuilt.
	I didn't get back too it this evening. Scott came
home a bit early and he had asked me to go with him to
pick up a horse trailer for his lady friend. Seems she
must have some "Monson" blood in her. She works in the
local Orchlen Farm Store and while talking to a
customer she mentioned that she needed a horse trailer
and he gave her a 2 horse trailer. Seems he was trying
to sell a horse and the trailer as a package deal to
some guy and the guy insulted him a little too much. I
didn't see the horse but it is a registered horse and
he was only asking $600 for the horse to find it a
good home and throwing in the trailer. The prospective
buyer came back with an offer of $200 and then began
slamming the trailer as just being a piece of trash.
Seems that this guy wasn't really needing the money
and told him to get lost. He then decided to give the
trailer to somebody else just for the satisfaction of
it...   :-)   He told us that if he couldn't get his
$600 out of the horse he was going to donate it (he
mentioned some charity) and take it off of his taxes
at about $2500 which the horse is actually supposed to
be worth.
It definitely is an ugly trailer...   :-)   but you
just don't bad mouth other peoples stuff. It was
stored in a small barn for 20 years and is not rusty
at all. It is a very good home made one with a full
top with a rounded front. Not sure why they had
painted it that color. It looks like a cross between
John Deere green and Oliver green and doesn't look
nearly as good as either one. It has a white top. Has
brakes on it. It will need tires and painting along
with some other minor stuff. We aired 3 of the tires
none of which were really flat. The guy said that he
had never added any air to them during the 20 years it
sat in the barn. It towed just great coming home.
	I'll get back on the truck tomorrow. When Scott came
in the shop to get me he stopped and said "what
happened to your tires?".   :-)

"farmer"

My most recent list
mailto:budget_muzzleloading-subscribe at yahoogroups.com