[AT] Old age getting you down/SCAM

HaliganBar at aol.com HaliganBar at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 15:30:59 PST 2004

Wayne;

Strokes or Cerebral Vascular Accidents (CVA) come in two basic kinds, bleeds
and blocks. A block is some sort of obstruction in one of the vessels
(arteries) in the brain. This obviously prevents blood form getting to portions of the
brain which can result in brain tissue dying. A bleed is a leak or tear in a
vessel allowing blood to leak out into potions of the brain where is doesn't
belong. This leakage can cause pressure on the surrounding brain tissue and may
damage it. The other thing that can happen is that pressure will build up and
squeeze other vessels so blood can not get by to the places it needs to be.

Without knowing all the facts, I would guess that they believe that she has a
bleed and the holes are to relieve intercranial pressure.....basically it
gives the brain a place to swell. Then later they can go in and operate on the
leaking vessel and stop the leak.

I hope this helps.

Karl

In a message dated 2/24/04 10:59:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,