[AT] RE: Eating while doing tractor things sort of ramble

John Deere deereman1000 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 06:09:13 PST 2004

Ah, cracklings, the little parts of meat/tissue left after rendering lard
and were filtered out in cheese cloth.  The lard would spoil if you left
them in..  My mom used to add them to corn bread to make cracklin bread,
very tasty.  A fair version can be made using bacon bits (real not fake) and
refyinging in bacon grease until the are extra crispy.

Dana

SE PA