[AT] RE: Eating while doing tractor things sort of ramble

Vaughn Miller vmiller at messiah.edu
Mon Feb 23 05:38:11 PST 2004

Hi George,

I think it is spelled panhaus, and as far as I know it is the same thing as
scrapple.  As far as what parts of the hog go into it, I've always been told
that everything but the squeal goes in :-)

Vaughn Miller
Dillsburg, PA

>>> gwill at toast.net 2/21/04 11:29:52 PM >>>
Does anyone have memories of ponhaas?  I've never seen it spelled, but
that's how it is pronounced.  It's everything that can be cooked off a
hog's
head, cooked until it is nearly all liquid and then mixed with a lot of
corn
meal (seems like about 25#) and about a pound of pepper.  It turns solid
in
a pan.  Eaten sliced and fried for breakfast.

George Willer