[AT] Scrapple & Head Cheese

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 09:28:19 PST 2004

My wife, whom I consulted as I can make coffee and
PP&J sandwiches and not much else, found these
definitions in a post war cookbook.

I paraphrase.

Scrapple:  Various kinds, based on corn-meal mush and
finely chopped or ground meat spiced and well
seasoned.
Proportions vary-a good one is 1-2cups meat to 1 cup
corn-meal.

Head Cheese:  A well liked dish.  The meat boiled off
a calf's head, diced, cooked with the stock and
seasonings, poured into a mold, and chilled.  Served
cut into slices.

Regional variations definitely apply!!  :-)

Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan