Eating while doing tractor things sort of ramble (was)RE: [AT] Speaking of Harbor Freight

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Fri Feb 20 08:10:07 PST 2004

	Geez, Farmer, you must have woke up hungry this morning and
thinking about food. ha ha ha ha   I agree with a lot of what you
say. For instance, I am a fan of Golden Corral buffet meals and have
been to the one in Columbia, SC many times. I like almost any buffet
restaurant south of New York State. For some reason, we just don't
seem to have good consistent buffet restaurants up here. When I say
good, I'm not talking about a lot of food, I'm talking about the good
stuff that they put in buffet meals further down south and west. Things
like corn bread in both muffins and pone style, turnip greens and bacon,
black eyed peas, those fried pieces of pork belly, pulled and chopped
pork barbecue and so on. Geez, now I am so hungry I am going to have
to go out and find something for lunch somewhere before I starve to
death.

	As to the Angus Barn and the 42nd Street Oyster Bar in Raleigh,
I never thought of them as expensive. Sure, the price is higher than
at Burger King but you have to give them something for atmosphere. The
Angus Barn has a helluva collection of antique pistols in the waiting
room and and a nice Wild Turkey bar at the top of the stairs if someone
comes in with a parched throat. You can eat out on the back porch and
look out at the airplanes coming in for a landing at RDU as they come
right over the restaurant. I like the 42nd Street Oyster Bar too because
they open the oysters right there in front of you and anything steamed
goes in giant steamers also in front of you. You can order oysters and
clams by the bucket full and sit there at the bar and eat them - it is
not a bar as we think of a bar, it is a bar like you would find in a
restaurant to sit at instead of at a table or in a booth.  I like them
both and it helped a lot that I had an unlimited expense account so I
didn't have to worry about money but even so, I thought the value was
there.

	I like the food in North Carolina. The last couple trips I made
down there to pick up antique tractors were because of the barbecued
pork Charlie Hill told me about.  Hell, I liked the barbecue meals so
much I almost cut the price on the hauling just to go there.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson